Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas---Part 1

This year was our year to do Christmas Day with Trav's extended family, so the Bettis fam (my mom's side) alternates so that we can all still be together at Christmas time. We got together at my mom's house for a brunch on the day after Christmas.




Travis and his pumpkin bars! They were YUMMY! We also had pumpkin french toast the next morning for breakfast and I must say that was awesome too. I think we've finally used all of our pumpkin from Halloween. :) haha




Me and Megan---the bobsy twins once again!



Sisters---Bridgett, Tammy, Steph



Belle and Ava. Isabelle is in the 4th grade (hard to believe!) and is such a good cousin. Olivia was sick and couldn't come (pink eye!).



Some family shots. As you can maybe see, it was quite the crowd! My mom has 4 siblings. I think everyone in the family was there except cousin Anna who lives in AZ and was home for Thanksgiving so 11 of 12 were there plus OUR kids! I am sooo bummed we didn't at least get an all cousin shot of all the cousins that were there. NEXT TIME!


More family shots. :)


Typically we choose a separate day to open gifts with my siblings but it worked out that my sister Tammy and family were home for Christmas on Christmas, so they were able to be there for the Bettis celebration and then we opened our gifts to each other that evening.


Travis and Jeff (Tammy's husband)...Jeff got the cooler so I guess that Fancy Nancy box is Trav's. haha


Ava had some fun playing with her cousins. Ella had these clip-on hair things for her ponies so she 'ever so gently' clipped one in Ava's hair. It was hilarious! She didn't even notice!


My mom still does stockings for us since one year I about had a cow when she stopped. :) She now also does them for the grandkids. Thanks mom! :) Stockings are my fave! She also started the tradition of getting Ava a Holiday Barbie for Christmas.


Jammies!

Ella


Ava just hanging out.


The great-grandbabies born last year. My grandma has 8 great-grandchildren total.
Ava: 7 months
Dasani: 9 months
Reddington: 10 months
Landen: 4 months
Christmas---Part 2 coming soon including Ava's Christmas morning and her 7 month chair pics. :)

2 comments:

Nathan and Megan said...

I LOVE, LOVE this post! You did a fabulous job documenting our day together! I am so glad you took all of those pics- I didn't! I can't wait to see your next post(s) on Christmas. Ava is 7 months old- Wow! Where has the time gone?! XOXO

Katie said...

Can you tell I am bored in my institute PDA today? Ha! At least I'm on a computer. So glad you udpated your blog so I have something fun to look at! I love the picture of all the babies. How fun to have so many so close in age! Glad you had a good Christmas. I too LOVE stockings and would cry if we didnt' do them!! ;)