Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Eve



This year we made the decision to be at home on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning...something that has not happened since Travis and I have been together. We still traveled on Christmas morning, but it was nice to be at home and get up on Christmas morning to do our Christmas together---a tradition we both had growing up that we wanted to pass on to Ava!

Since we were home, we were also able to attend the Christmas Eve service, which I don't think I have ever done. I was glad Ava would get the chance to wear her Christmas dress again, too! She did great...with a little help from some Gerber 'puffs' :) And it was just nice to be able to celebrate the real reason for the CHRISTmas season!

We went with Kim and Craig and Ava's buddy, Lauren and each of their families. Then Kim's mom graciously invited us over for dinner. I guess you could say we were like honorary family members that night. :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

LOVE her dress!!! I see you figured out the text on the collages. :) Glad you got to enjoy your first Christmas with your sweet girl!