Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ava update

Miss Ava is now 19 months old and still cracking us up! She is so fun and FUNNY!!! She is continuing to talk a LOT and repeat most everything so I have had to stop saying a *FEW* things (such as: Oh my God, What the heck, Crap, etc.). Luckily, that is about the worst of it. haha!

She is still into Dora right now. Thank you On Demand!! Although, there are only 4 episodes which have been there for a LONG time so I could probably say the whole episode word for word! Not that she watches THAT much Dora!!! And I did get smart and record a new episode!

She will say "show" and "movie" and when you turn on the TV, she will say "mote" for remote. (again, we don't just sit around and watch TV all the time!!) ha! We figured out that the reason she says "movie" when we get in the van is because of our sitter. She has to take the kids every day to pick up her daughter from school and I think they watch a movie when they go. The sitter mentioned it one day and though I would prefer she not watch movies EVERY time in the vehicle, oh well, I suppose!

She continues to put herself in timeout. She grabbed about 4 stuffed animals the other day and put them on the rug and said "mout" (time-out). haha!

She LOVES books and is learning new things all the time. We are working on colors and shapes right now. I think she knows a few colors and she knows what a star is!

Other words she says all the time: lotion, tissue, potty, pooping, OH NO!, color (crayons), book, "rosie" (ring around the rosie...she LOVES it!), baby, coat, glub for glove, hat, shoes (she can say it now), backpack (Dora), bash (bath), nigh-night, blanket, binky, LOUD!, shhhhhh, milk, bacelet (bracelet), belly, Coooookie!, "no, no, no, no (with a pointed finger)," get it (I often say, "I'll get it" or "Can you get it," right back, fishy (she still loves her fishies in her crib) and those are just a few. =) If you ask her, she can say just about anything. She hears me yell for Travis so she will imitate that so you'll hear her saying "Bab (her version of Trav), then Daddy..." I love it!!! Travis, not so much. haha! She has recently started saying "Bless you" when you sneeze and even "Thank you!" ***(adding this on...) Not sure how I could forget. She says On and Off but off is more like "asssss" with a short A sound, however. I think she has a British accent. She also says "eeeeeeelllllllllooooo for hello. haha! =)

Travis and I agree that she is a really good girl! (Wondering if that means she will be a terror at 2 or 3??? haha!). She is always a good shopper, loves people (says Hi and Bye to everyone anytime we are out), does well going out to eat and has been good at home, too. She doesn't throw too many fits and is easily distracted if she does start to get upset. We always remind her to "say" what she wants not scream it. She also uses her manners and says "please" for everything!! We are working on getting her to come to us when we say "come here."

We are still working on the whole potty thing. She will tell you she is pooping usually, but it's too late. A few times she has said "pooping" and I'll sit her on the potty but after about 10 mins and no poop, we just put the diaper back on (I'd prefer no more pooping on the floor!). I am still in no rush and know that I'll have all summer to work on it with her. I'm just continuing to keep her aware and try in the event she will actually go on the potty and then want to go more!

2 comments:

Nathan and Megan said...

LOVE the updates on Miss Ava bug. She is so cute in that first pic. I'm trying to compile a list of Redd's words for his 2 year Dr. appt next month. It's tough! It's good that you've started & keep adding to it on the blog! Thanks for sharing all about Miss A. I love hearing about her. You are right, she is a GOOD GIRL! XOXO

Katie said...

She is hilarious! The British thing makes me laugh. I can't believe how big she is getting. Seems like she was just "baby Ava!" (As Holden use to call her.)