Sunday, January 9, 2011

New Year

With the new year, I will be experiencing some new things going on in my life...

Tomorrow I start my first master's class - Theoretical Foundations of Reading. I am not technically registered yet because I am still awaiting some information to go through with my account at ISU but I am accepted into the program. I emailed the professor and she said to go ahead and come to class, that there is plenty of room, and then I will register as soon as the information goes through with my account. I can't really say that I'm excited!!! EEK! I am a little nervous but am taking the class with 2 co-workers so that is good. It will be every Monday night from 5:30-8:20. I would have loved to take an online program where you have your master's in a year and a half, but I decided I can't go more into debt considering I still have student loans from WIU...AND Unit 5 offers tuition waivers so I am FINALLY taking the plunge and doing it! I am sure I will be fine but I am feeling a little nervous about the fact that I haven't been a student in almost T.E.N. years! YOUCH! The fact that I am getting my master's in Reading and I am not teaching Reading or ever taught Reading is also making me a little uneasy. One of my professors in college once told me that I had a knack for writing so hopefully that will help me! Wish me luck! =) I just plan to take a class here and there, maybe one in the summer until I'm done!!! The only other thing that I am not looking forward to is not seeing Ava before bedtime (one of my favorite times of the day) but at this point, I will still be picking her up from the sitter and will have about an hour with her before heading out.

On another note, Travis and I have started P90X. If you haven't heard about it, it is a 90 day program with 12 different ONE-HOUR workouts designed to take you from 'regular to RIPPED in 90 days.' The secret behind it is a technique called 'muscle confusion.' Anyway, a few weeks ago, Travis asked me if I wanted to do P90X and I said, "ok!" because usually he isn't one to want to work out. So far, we have done 3 days of workout and they've ALL been KILLER!!!!! I don't have any expectations of doing it EVERY day for 90 days, but am hoping to do at least 4 days a week. There is also an ab workout scheduled in, and depending on how many days a week we do, I would like to try to do that at least 3 days a week, too. I am in SERIOUS need of some toning so I am hoping that having a workout buddy will help. We haven't really ever worked out together before...but so far it has actually been fun. I think I can finally cancel my gym membership and save us some money there! Sooooooo, I guess check back to see our after pics in roughly 90 days...THERE WILL BE NO BEFORE PICS! hahaha!

2 comments:

Nathan and Megan said...

Yay to a New Year & a fresh start! Good Luck with P90X with Travis. That will be fun! I'm sure Miss Ava will be trying to join in on the fun, too. No before pictures? That's hilarious! Have a great day!

Nathan and Megan said...

Blog looks great! Looks familiar! I love it!