Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Update on Vocab

Another lil update: =)
I can't believe I forgot this one...she has been saying "hot" forever now. All summer she'd say hot when I made my coffee and also around the oven.
This past week she has been saying "up", "nigh-nigh", "papa", and attempting "cracker" more, too.
Also, surely I've put this one in but she says "HI" all the time! She is starting to say "bye" though she waves bye-bye typically rather than saying it!

Ava's Vocabulary:
*update*

Miss Ava is saying so many new things EVERY DAY! I am trying to keep track so I can scrapbook all the info later (when I finally get to scrapbook past 4 months old. haha!)

•No (one of her first words other than mama and dada)

•She used to say "pup-pup" and she still says "woo - woo" for woof woof

•"Uh-oh"!!!! (over and over and over)

•"Tick-e, Tick-e, Tick-e" for Tickle, Tickle

•"Icky"

•"Emma" (the babysitter's dog!)

•"Ish" for shoes

•"Ball"

Update:

  • pretty sure she is saying "Cookie" and "Cracker" now
  • Travis thinks he heard her actually SAY "Please!" awwwwwww! She still signs it like crazy
  • "MOMMY" She has moved on from "ma-ma" to "mommy" and she pretty much says it all day long. NOT COMPLAINING. I love it. She has even been waking up and calling me..."mommy, mommy, mommy"
  • My mom and I think we heard her say "Snack" over the weekend, too.
  • Oh and she will even say "icky" and go throw her diaper away! Cracks me up every time! I just say, "Ok, Ava, Icky, go throw it away!" and I just help her lift the lid on the trash can. This might backfire on me, as I caught her trying to throw a measuring cup away yesterday! Wondering if that is where the missing blue lid is I can't find!!!!!

I have been home the last 2 days with Ava b/c she had a slight fever on Monday and has been experiencing some lovely diarrheah (me too!...TMI) so I had to miss the Baby Communication class I was going to take with my friend Brooke. Bummer. I am sure it would have been fun!

2 comments:

Nathan and Megan said...

You were home 2 days?! BOO! That is such a bummer that you missed the Baby Communicating class. I was so anxious to hear how it went & find out what you two learned. Vocabulary is so important for our Littles at this age! I hear R say SO MANY things but if he doesn't repeat it multiple times, I know it's not a part of his "Vocabulary" just yet. BOO! :) We are working on it. I'm going to look online for a list of words he should be saying by this point. Hope I find something! XOXO Ready for SRD on Oct. 9!

Katie said...

LOL about the TMI!!! You crack me up. Can't wait to see Miss Ava again. It sounds like she is saying and doing so many new things since this summer! It is amazing at that age how much they are learning/saying/doing. I remember loving it with Holden. They become such little people.