Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day



Travis and I had a great Valentine's Day! Travis knew I really wanted to go to The Land of Nod store so he planned a full weekend of shopping for me in Schaumburg--he printed out information, addresses, reviews etc. We also went out to a few nice dinners.

Travis was IN HEAVEN at Texas de Brazil--a steakhouse where you have a little card (notice the green Travis has and the red I have in the pics). If you have your card on green, you are ready for meat and if you have it on red, you are takin' a break. In addition, they have a HUGE salad bar, mashed potatoes and fried bananas (Travis also LOVES...me not so much!) that go along with it. It WAS delicious even though I'm not a huge meat person. I could live off pasta. :) It was similar to Fogo de Chao; where we went in Chicago last year. Anyway, when your card is on green, these guys walk around with a huge hunk of meat fresh from the open fire and they slice off a piece for you (steak, chicken wrapped in bacon, lamb, sausage, etc.). I was still full the next day I think! We also went to PF Changs--Chinese is another favorite of Trav's and I RARELY ever want. I was ok with Trav picking where we went to eat because he endured a whole weekend of shopping and DIDN'T complain once!!!!!!! He even carried my bags! :-) We went to The Land of Nod outlet (not so great for what we were looking for), Pottery Barn Kids (I WAS IN HEAVEN!), IKEA, and Woodfield Mall.

I recently purchased a bedding set at TJ Max (very cheap!) originally from Babies R Us so was hoping to find some things to go with it. See my next post. :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Stille's said...

sounds like fun!!! Glad you had a good time