Monday, June 13, 2011

C...is for Cookies!

I had sooooooooooooooooo much fun planning Ava's 2nd Birthday party! I chose the theme "Milk & Cookies" after browsing online for some cute/unique ideas. And WHO DOESN'T LOVE MILK & COOKIES!? I would say that 99% of my ideas came from the internet, so thank you fellow bloggers for some ADORABLE ideas!!!

The Milk & Cookies table

The table included a variety of cookies - almost all homemade! Chocolate chip by my mom, Snickerdoodles by my sis, No Bake by Ava's Daddy, Peanut Butter with Reeses Pieces by me (AKA, Ava's mommy!), Individually wrapped Sugar cookies with a "2" made again by me! (my tradition! And then we purchased 2 types of Oreos and "Raspberry filled Pillow Cookies" from our local Fresh Market (= YUM!!!).

We had paper sacks for guests to fill up with cookies to take home!

Oh and don't forget the varieties of flavored MILK!! My mom even found these cool flavored milk straws which we placed in old Starbucks Frappucino bottles and Snapple Tea bottles!









The Birthday girl in her birthday shirt painted by ME!! Ready to party!!





My Grandma has been making cakes since I was 2 (ha!) and graciously agreed to make Ava's 2nd birthday cake. I really didn't care what she did (they always taste yummy too!). We loved her "wafer" cookie cake!

She also made these cute cake pops!! THEY WERE AWESOME! :)



Happy Birthday Ava!!!

You can see more from my friend Katie's blog here. :) She got some great shots, and frankly, I wish you could upload more photos at a time so I'm being lazy!!

There were a few more things I would have liked to do for the party, but I told myself that whatever we got done, we would be happy with. The end of the school year is just CrAzY soooooo I think we did pretty well. :) And the weather could not have been more perfect especially with the chance for RAIN.

I made this sign and had people stick their heads in the holes. If nothing else, it was fun (funny!)

2 comments:

Nathan and Megan said...

C is for cookies! LOVE IT! She is already in love at such a young age- HA! SO wish we could've been there. I'm sure the pics don't do it justice! Looked like a GREAT time! XOXO

Love, Laughter, Joy and Everything In Between said...

You are so creative! Loved the milk and cookies themes. Also, super cute pictures from this blog and your June 13 blog. Ava is getting to big and she's adorable.