Monday, June 28, 2010

June 2010


















Wow, what a great month it has been! I really can't believe June is winding down. Ava has adjusted to mommy being home - well, a little too much, I think! She has definitely grown a little attached. Not saying I MIND, however, it will definitely make going back to work more difficult.



So far this month, we've stayed busy doing lots of outdoor activities. Ava LOVES being outside and playing in/with the water. I got a pool pass and we have been going to the pool a lot, as well as the sprinkler parks for playdates, etc. We attended a babytime class at the Children's Discovery Museum with friend Laura and her daughter, Izzy. Travis and I met Laura and her husband Dave at our Childbirth class and didn't exchange numbers or anything but always kind of laughed at the same things and felt like each other would be fun to hang out with. The day I was to leave the hospital, Travis was walking down the hospital hall and ran into Laura and Dave!! She was there, too, but having Izzy about 5 weeks early. We exchanged numbers and have been keeping in touch. It's been fun to have someone to hang out with that also has a 1 year old and Travis and Dave get along well, too! We also went to the Fun Run last Friday. Ava had fun and I got workout, too, since I had to carry her a LOT of the way. =)



Ava and I are heading back on Wednesday for my hometown's fair. It is tradition to meet up with my sis and my BFF Anne to go to the Queen Pageant, but mostly gossip about all of the people we used to go to high school with, etc. hehe!

Other happenings with Miss Ava:
  • Walking, walking, walking. She is starting to stand up on her own without something to help her up (couch, etc.)
  • Chatterbox: still says 'pup-pup,' starting to say 'bay' for baby. She will point at her baby pictures around the house and say 'oooooohhhhh bay.' And it is SO CUTE!
  • She loves all of her stuffed animals and will cuddle with them
  • Great eater! She loves all fruits, pasta salad, bread, yogurt, and will even eat her veggies most of the time. CHEESE is still her fave. She will find it on her tray and eat it first. She loves hamburger with ketchup ut isn't a fan of other meats so far.
  • No problems getting rid of the bottle...BiNKY: that will be a different story.
  • Still says HIIIIIIIII to kids and babies especially when we are out and about but is a little social butterfly to everyone.
  • Such a little smarty: tries to talk on the phone (well and remotes, too...LOL), tries to put her headbands on, tries to put mommy and daddy's shoes on (well, daddy's are skis!)
  • Such a sweetheart!

2 comments:

Katie said...

She is so precious, Steph! One of the most all-around happy babies I have ever known. Every time I see her she just gives me that big ol' grin with her cute little teeth. Glad you are enjoying your summer with her!

The Stille's said...

cute pics...she is such a big girl