Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm sick...of being sick!

Well, I am finally feeling among the living again! I woke up at 4am Sunday morning vomiting and continued to vomit and have diarreah (yeah, TMI, sorry!) pretty much all day Sunday, as well as a low grade fever. I had a scheduled dr. appointment today anyway so since I called in sick, I was able to move my appointment up to 10am instead of 2:45. I was just concerned that everything was ok but it all checked out fine! I lost 3 lbs since last Monday but baby is measuring just fine. They went ahead and hooked me up to the fetal monitor to evaluate the heartbeat. Her heartbeat is just fine! I felt lots of movement in that time, too. It also monitors contractions and apparently I had 2 while I was on it! I had no idea...meaning that nothing is going on. My dr. will check me next week to see if I'm dilated, etc.

I plan to go to work tomorrow (heading to bed as soon as I finish this post!). No more nausea, just a little tired and weak but I've been able to actually eat a little, though not much of an appetite. I am taking the afternoon off Tuesday for my sister to come up and help me work on painting/decorating in the nursery and it should be ready to go!

Also, come to find out, there were about 15-20 people from Fairview (my 2nd school) that had flu-like symptoms and we had a luncheon there last Thursday so we might have all had food poisoning! I am not sure how long it takes for symptoms to occur, etc, but it is definitely a coincidence that a bunch of us were sick!

I will say that being able to rest and be off my feet for a full 2 days was awesome! My ankles were swollen Saturday night and no swelling right now!! Whohoo! I know it'll come back but at least I'm going to work 1/2 days soon so hopefully that will help. I even noticed that my spider veins were way less noticable! Dang teaching! :)

2 comments:

Nathan and Megan said...

Steph~ SO GLAD you are feeling better! The nursery is going to be adorable. I can't wait to see what you and Bridgett do! When are you going to start working half days? You my as well! YOU GO GIRL! Enjoy the last few weeks of prego! Princess "C" is almost here. Enjoy the sleep you are getting now, I know it's not much but just wait until Baby Girl is here! Love you!

Katie said...

Yuck! I'm so sorry to hear you were sick. That's no fun under any circumstance, but esp. not when you are preggo to top it off!! I can't wait to hear about the nursery tomorrow!!! :)