Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Day

What a day! All day I've felt rushed! I started out the morning by going to the doctor after calling with some concerns about varicose veins. My family has a history of them (mom, aunts, gma) so when I saw a bruised area on my leg that I knew was not a bruise, I was freaking out! I went ahead and made my appointment for this morning at 8:25 hoping I could still get to school by 8:55 for my first class (what was I thinking?). I told the teacher coming for art that if I wasn't there, I'd be there shortly, which she was fine with. But then I get to the dr. office and the nurse I have my appointment with isn't even there yet. Then they get me in and do all of the routine checks - blood pressure, leave a urine sample, etc. The nurse looks at my legs then decides she wants to go ahead and listen to the heartbeat (fun, of course) but the whole time I'm stressing about getting to school. I went ahead and called the school office to have one of our TAs cover my class til I got there (thank you Steph M.!!). It all worked out, and the nurse said the veins are just a cluster of spider veins which will get better after baby. It might have a small area that is varicose but nothing to be concerned about right now. Really all I can do is wear compression hose to help. Let me tell ya----NOT COMFORTABLE! and to top it off, it leaves a line on my belly where they are pulled up so it makes it look bumpy. Real attractive!!!!!!! But I guess it's that for a few months for veins forever!!!!

Anyway, I finally get to school and all is well. I have a dentist appointment scheduled for 4:00 and duty after school til 3:20ish. I see that Travis has texted me: "I am an idiot. I need you." I forgot to ask him if he meant to say more or what but I thought that was an interesting way of putting it. I go ahead and call him to find out that after taking his truck in to the shop today (spedometer not working), he left all of his keys with the dealership, got a ride home from work from a co-worker to realize HE HAS NO WAY TO GET IN THE HOUSE! I'm like, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I have to drive all the way home from school - immediatly - in order to let him in and get back to the other side of town for my dentist appointment at 4 (which is about 3 mins from school). I deal with it--to realize CRAP, I need gas in my car. I don't know how long it's been flashing that I have 0 miles left. I know you can go for about 20 or so miles (well, I think) but I don't know when it started flashing. So, the whole time I'm thinking I am going to run out of gas and I don't really have time to stop and get it. I come home, have Travis take my car to get gas in it up the street so I can at least freshen up a little because right after my dentist appt. I had plans to go to a jewelry party at a co-workers house--and I REALLY wanted to go.

I get to my dentist appt. only a few minutes late, which I called to let them know and they were fine with it. I even have time to stop by school on my way to the party after my dentist appt. to do a few things and also decided to look up some directions to Susan's house (trying to be prepared). My friend Sara told me the address (house #14). I get there, thinking, ok, this is familiar. Park behind Sara's car. Go up to the house, ring the bell. Her dog is barking so I'm just waiting for her to answer and the door opens and it's a DAD of a student of mine (she lives in the area where a lot of our students live). I'm like..."oops, I think I'm at the wrong house!" Funny thing is, I was just at their house a few weeks ago helping the boy scouts earn their art badge. I don't even realize I'm walking up to the same house I was at prior to today. I felt like such an idiot!!! I had never been to Susan's house but knew she has a golden retriever so when I hear and see the dog barking, I think, ok, I'm at the right house. Then to make matters worse, she didn't invite any of her neighbors and said to say it was a school meeting if the mom asked about it. I had to break the news to her that I told him that I was looking for her house for a jewelry party. OOPS! Everyone got a laugh out of that one when I told them. By the way, her house # is 13...so not sure where I got the 14. Sara gave me the CORRECT information.

I think part of the problem is I don't get enough sleep! There just aren't enough hours in the day and once again I'm getting to bed at nearly midnight on a school night but just had to get this off my chest. :)

I did get some really nice jewelry at the party!!!!!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Just thought I'd comment on my own blog. :) I just realized how LONG that was. JEEZ--I could write a book! Anyway- I guess I can chalk it up to being pregnant! Don't they say you start to lose your mind? AND I guess this lack of sleep is preparing me for motherhood. :)

Katie said...

Laughing out loud at this post!!! Now just wait until you add to that some unexpected baby puke and poop to days like that. =o)

Nathan and Megan said...

Oh Steph...I am cracking up reading about your day- WOW! Yes, get used to little sleep...Reddington actually does great through the night but we're still "interrupted" so sleeping is not as good! I've been missing you so I thought I'd check your blog for a little "fill up" of Steph! Ha! Have a great weekend x2!

Dianne said...

How funny! The last comment hilarious -when you said at least you got some good jewelry. I don't know why but it sounded like something out of "Confessions of a Shopaholic" the book I am reading. Ha!