Monday, December 22, 2008

Only Me!

...as Travis would say. I was driving down the road today (minding my own business) and all of the sudden I hear this loud thumping/scratching noise. I was on a street that had a lot of branches down from the ice on trees so I figured it was a stick but had no idea! I kept driving til I could get to a stopping place and continued hearing this noise, wondering exactly what in the heck was going on. Thankfully we have such advanced technology today that I could take a picture with my phone to share with you all. SOMEHOW, the stick actually got wedged in the tire well (??), making a hole mind you, and was pretty much parallel to the tire. I didn't think I was going to get it out at first but had to actually get on my knees in the parking lot at the Shirk Center (at least there was only one other person near--I'm sure they were amused) and pull as hard as I physically could (while on the phone to Travis). After a few hard pulls, it did come out. Like I said, only I could "pull this off!!!" :) It reminds me of the time in college when I decided to drive forward out of a parking space, forgetting that there was a cement divider--thus I got my car stuck on top if it. I just had to gun it to get it off, only tearing a few minor pieces off the bottom of my car. And YES I passed my drivers test on the first try (and in the middle of winter!).

No comments: